Materials Informatics Scientist - Hybrid
We’re hiring a Materials Informatics Scientist that will support efforts in machine learning-based prediction and experimental design in materials research problems
The ideal candidates have significant experience translating scientific concepts to numerical models, implementing scripts and software to solve problems, presenting problems and results in a detailed and coherent manner, and interfacing with clients of a wide variety of backgrounds. However, the most important prerequisite for this (or any!) position at Aionics is that applicants are willing to learn, committed to doing their best, and enthusiastic about the opportunity to shape our company’s culture, technology, and future.
- Independently research different approaches to analyze data and solve materials design problems with machine learning-based approaches, and communicate results comprehensively to clients and management
- Plan, build, execute, and maintain scripts and software for data analysis and modeling pipelines for any of the wide variety of problems that we work on
- Visualize complex, multi-dimensional data
- Communicate key findings clearly and comprehensively to clients of widely varying backgrounds
- Disciplined and secure handling of client data, company data, and your own work to maintain privacy and robustness against infrastructural issues
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree in STEM, preferably the physical sciences
- Prior work or postdoc experience in the areas of materials informatics/cheminformatics and/or battery research
- Extreme attention to detail and unyielding principles in data handling and computational tool building
- Technical expertise with statistical learning and data-driven modeling
- Demonstrable experience producing professional-grade scripts and software
- Fluency with software development tools and ability to work coherently across computational environments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
We know no applicant will check every box – above all, we value grit, enthusiasm, willingness to learn, and a do-whatever-it-takes attitude
How to apply
If interested, please click on the “Click here to Apply” button to submit your resume and cover letter.
Aionics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.